The Liverpool Archdiocese Secondary Schools’ Trust exists to enable 36 secondary school and sixth form college communities to work collaboratively with the aim of strengthening, promoting and celebrating the distinctive Catholic ethos of our schools. The purpose is to promote and develop Trust activities to enable the delivery of the outcomes relating to the workforce development objectives of the Liverpool Archdiocese Strategic Plan. This includes:
- A strong core of school and college leaders that have developed strong distributive leadership models and schools and colleges that have the capacity to support other schools.
- A sophisticated system of peer to peer professional and leadership development (CPD) supporting professionals from entry as NQTs through middle leadership and onto senior leadership roles.
- Access for Archdiocesan schools and colleges to a sophisticated system for talent management and succession planning that identifies and develops leadership potential.
- Access to and participation in relevant research and development across the Archdiocese.
- A highly competitive initial teacher training offer meeting the recruitment needs of all schools and colleges across the Archdiocese.
This will be achieved through:
- The promotion of the Catholic ethos, mission and core purpose of the Trust.
- Facilitating direct communications between schools, including school coordinators, senior managers, curriculum and pastoral leaders, new staff, support and teaching staff and students.
- Creating opportunities for sharing of policies and good practice between schools.
- Coordinating and evaluating events and Trust activities for students, teachers and leaders within our schools.